Mesothelioma.net content reviewer and editor
- Nursing degree from San Diego State University
- Studied acute care and clinical nursing at the University of California, Los Angeles
- Worked at UCLA’s Division of Thoracic Surgery, focusing on patients with lung cancer, esophageal cancer, and mesothelioma
- Doctor of Nursing Practice from University of Texas at Austin
- Currently working at the University of Texas LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes
Anne Courtney began her nursing studies at San Diego State University before working at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla beginning in 2007. At UCLA she studied acute care nursing and clinical nursing where she developed an interest in thoracic disorders and cancers. She began working with lung cancer and mesothelioma patients and then went on to earn her doctorate in nursing in Texas.
In addition to her degrees and credentials, Dr. Courtney has years of experience working directly with patients, especially those with cancers of the esophagus and lungs and malignant mesothelioma. Now at the LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes, she works with all types of cancer patients. She received a year of training from City of Hope in cancer risk assessment and is qualified to provide patients with genetic counseling. Her credentials include Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner.