Veterans Mesothelioma 5k Charity Run
We invite you to join us for the 3rd Annual Veterans Mesothelioma 5k Charity Run November 5th! Our goal is to raise funds to aid in building awareness of this deadly illness that has impacted the lives of so many military veterans and their families.
Mesothelioma cancer is an uncommon but highly aggressive form of cancer that afflicts people who were exposed to asbestos. Many veterans who were exposed to asbestos during their time of service are now suffering from mesothelioma cancer. This 5K is dedicated to them, and in continuing the fight against this deadly illness. Here are the details of the 5k below.
Please register for the 5k by clicking here
- Date: November 5, 2017
- Location: The course begins at the University of Houston Downtown Naylor Parking Lot and is out and back on the Heights Hike & Bike Trail.
- Click Here to view a map of the course.
- 7:00 AM — Pre-registered check-in opens for bib’s & shirt pick-up near start/finish line, Race Day Registration opens.
- 7:45 AM — Race Day Registration closes.
- 7:50 AM — Start line assembles, final race day instructions
- 8:00 AM — START! 1st Annual Veterans Mesothelioma 5k Charity Run
- 9:10 AM — Post-race results, Awards
- Timing: Will be by Chip timing
- Awards: Medals will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers. Ribbons will give given to the top 3 finishers of various age groups.
- Prizes: T-shirts are guaranteed for all early registrants. There will be limited quantities available to late and race-day registrants on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Prohibited: Baby strollers, roller skates, skateboards, dogs
The Veterans Mesothelioma 5k Charity Run begins at 8 AM sharp.
Where can I
Get Additional Help?
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer you may be eligible for significant financial compensation. It is important that you contact one of our legal advocates to help you find the most experienced mesothelioma lawyer in your general area.
We are here to help you
If you've been diagnosed with asbestos-related cancer, contact us at 1-800-692-8608 to find out if you are eligible to receive compensation. You can also fill out the form above to receive FREE information.